UPDATED: Check out the celebrities turning 50 in 2021!
The 1970s were nearly half a century ago. That means that famous people born in 1970 turned 50 in 2020. This list of musicians, athletes, TV personalities, and actors are 50 year olds. Many have been in the spotlight for some time now, so it's not too hard to believe they're entering a new decade of life.
The world gained a lot more celebrities who are 50 in 2020. You'll recognize several of the actors and actresses turning 50 from popular television shows back in the 1990s like Twin Peaks and Dawson's Creek. Some of the female actresses you might not even recognize, because of the amount of anti-aging work they've had done to their faces.
At the head of the list is Matt Damon, who has established himself as one of America's most talented and versatile actors. His breakout role came in 1997 with Good Will Hunting, which he wrote and starred in alongside Ben Affleck. By the way, did you know that Damon and Affleck are technically 10th cousins, once removed? Damon has consistently continued to work in movies over the years. You can see him in the biopic Ford v. Ferrari.
Tina Fey is another of the 50 year old celebrities. She, Melissa McCarthy, and Queen Latifah are all actresses born in 1970. Other celebrities born in 1970 include Beck, Sarah Silverman, and Leah Remini. The list of famous women who are 50 is pretty extensive, especially come 2020. However, there are plenty of actors born in 1970 as well.
Are you surprised by the famous people who turned 50? Read below to see more of the celebrities who are 50 in 2020.
- Photo: Downsizing / Paramount PicturesMatthew Paige Damon (born October 8, 1970) is an American actor, film producer and screenwriter. He is ranked among Forbes magazine's most bankable stars and is one of the highest-grossing actors of all time. Damon has received various accolades, including an Academy Award from five nominations, two Golden Globe Awards from eight nominations, and has been nominated for three British Academy Film Awards and seven Emmy Awards. Born and raised in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Damon began his acting career by appearing in high school theater productions. He made his professional acting debut in the film Mystic Pizza (1988). He came to prominence in 1997, when he wrote and starred in Good Will... more
- Born: 1970-10-08
- Birthplace: Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States of America
- Gender: Male
- Alternative Name: Matt Damon
- Elizabeth Stamatina "Tina" Fey (born May 18, 1970) is an American actress, comedian, writer, producer, and playwright. She is best known for her work on the NBC sketch comedy series Saturday Night Live (1997–2006) and for creating the acclaimed comedy series 30 Rock (2006–2013) and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (2015–2019). Fey is also known for her work in film, with starring roles in Baby Mama (2008), Date Night (2010), Megamind (2010), Muppets Most Wanted (2014), Sisters (2015), Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (2016), and Wine Country (2019). Fey broke into comedy as a featured player in the Chicago-based improvisational comedy group The Second City. She then joined SNL as a writer, later becoming... more
- Born: 1970-05-18
- Birthplace: Upper Darby, Pennsylvania, USA
- Gender: Female
- Photo: Ghostbusters / Columbia PicturesMelissa Ann McCarthy (born August 26, 1970) is an American actress, comedian, writer, producer, and fashion designer. She is the recipient of several accolades, including two Primetime Emmy Awards and has received nominations for two Academy Awards and two Golden Globe Awards. McCarthy was named by Time as one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2016, and she has been featured multiple times in annual rankings of the highest-paid actresses in the world.McCarthy began appearing in television and films in the late 1990s, and first gained recognition for her role as Sookie St. James in the television series Gilmore Girls (2000–2007). She played Dena in the ABC sitcom Samantha... more
- Born: 1970-08-26
- Birthplace: Plainfield, Illinois, United States of America
- Gender: Female
- Photo: D Dipasupil / Getty ImagesMariah Carey (born March 27, 1970) is an American singer, songwriter, actress, record producer, and entrepreneur. Referred to as the "Songbird Supreme" by the Guinness World Records, she is noted for her five-octave vocal range, melismatic singing style, and signature use of the whistle register. She rose to fame in the early 1990s after signing to Columbia Records and releasing her eponymous debut album, which topped the U.S. Billboard 200 for eleven consecutive weeks. Soon after, Carey became the only artist ever to have their first five singles reach number one on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart, from "Vision of Love" to "Emotions".Following her marriage to Sony Music head Tommy... more
- Born: 1970-03-27
- Birthplace: Huntington, New York, USA
- Gender: Female